Monday, September 28

Crumbly Wumbly Bars


Mmm . . . these are good!

I am calling them Crumbly Wumbly Bars
but the real name is lemon-oatmeal bars
from Gooseberry Patch, Family Favorite Recipes pg. 266
I saw the book over at my friend Patti's house
and photocopied the recipe because it sounded good.
I am a sucker for lemon!
You could say it really puckers me up. hehe

1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 & 1/4 cups oatmeal
(It calls for long-cooking oats...
but I just used my quick cook oatmeal)
zest & juice of 1 orange
zest & juice of 2 lemons
1 - 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk

Beat butter & sugar until creamy.
Stir in flour and oatmeal.
Press 3/4 of the crumbly mix into the box of
a 9x13" pan, sprayed w/ PAM.
Combine zest, juice & milk
Drizzle and spread all over crumble mixture.
Then top w/ remaining crumbles.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

How easy is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment