Saturday, January 16

Yum!


Thanks Tina from Cherry Hill Cottage!!!

She posted a recipe for Pineapple Upside Down Cake made in a cast iron skillet. So I made it today! Yum! I am taking it to Patti's belated New Years Eve party (everyone was sick then so it was canceled.)



And please give to the people of Haiti. It's going to be a long process. Right now it is recovering the alive & the dead & supplying health care, burial, food & water. In the future they will need help with shelter, rebuilding and getting their lives back. I am sick to death of hearing some Americans saying, "Well what about our poor and homeless?" What are they exactly saying? We should sit back, watch and do nothing? I just don't agree with that reasoning.

AT&T customers can text HAITI to 90999 to give $10 to Red Cross.
$10 will not break each and every one of us. Please give.

I remember an old friend many years ago telling me that when your hands are open to give, they are also open to receive. I have never forgotten that.

6 comments:

  1. That cake looks yummy! It's too bad that everyone was sick on New Years :( I heard that you can also sell stuff on etsy and that 100% of the proceeds would go to Dr's without borders in Haiti. I feel so bad for them!!

    Hugs!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet friend,
    So happy to see that I can read your blog again.
    I have missed you.
    Hope the new year brings all you desire and your Mom is doing well. Oh and that DD eyes are opened.
    Love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, that Tina can get us all up in our kitchens like no one else, can't she? LOL!
    I made mine today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You are back. It is terrible what has happened in Haiti X
    P.S Your cake looks yummy! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant wait to try that recipe, I love pineapple.

    So sad about what happened in Haiti. The stories that are coming out. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on her blog too and now after seeing yours I am definitely going to have to make it!
    xoxo
    rochelle

    ReplyDelete