Thursday, February 11

Gourme-li-cious


Excuse the blurry/dark picture, I cared more about eating it than taking a picture. So it was quick w/ my iPhone for my project 365 app. If you have an iPhone and like to have journals, you should download the app. (Just search project 365 in applications, its free!) Its a visual every day photo journal. I thought it would be fun to look back after a year of all the pictures I took every day.


I told Ted I thought it was Gourme-li-cous!
He said, "That's not a word."
Well maybe not but it sure describes this dish.

Its so easy but makes you think fancy
because it smells fancy & looks fancy & taste fancy
I would have never thought to make something
like this. I had never made any kind of a pasta pesto before.
If I had maybe I wouldn't have been
so impressed. I'm pretty simple. HAHA

This is a Sarah Kramer recipe,
whom is in Hawaii right now
posting gorgeous sunny pictures on facebook
from her hotel room and from the beach.

Roasted Red Pepper Pesto and Pasta

Roasted red peppers come in a jar and are usually
in the pickle section of your local supermarket.

Dry pasta (enough for 2 people)
3/4 cup roasted red peppers, drained
1/3 cup walnuts
1/2 cup fresh basil, tightly packed
1/4 cup fresh parsley, tightly packed
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup olive oil

In a large pot of salted water, boil the pasta.
Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender,
blend together the red peppers, walnuts, basil,
parsley, and garlic. Slowly add the olive oil,
while processing, until well mixed. Set aside.
Drain and return the noodles to the pot.
Add the pesto and toss together well.
Serve immediately.
Makes 2 large or 4 small servings

1 comment:

  1. Mmm. I forgot about that recipe. I think I'll make it for dinner! :)
    xoxo
    SARAH

    ReplyDelete