Sunday, February 7

Peanut Butter Crispy Treats


I cannot even begin to tell you how
good this is!!! Yum!
I plan on making this over & over & over again.

I have never been a fan of Rice Krispy treats.
Now Ted on the other hand loves them.
Maybe if I had them as a kid I would
have liked them (my mom was a health food nut.)
I just think they taste terrible. So when I saw this recipe
made w/ peanut butter, I knew I wanted
to make them for the Superbowl game.
And WOW they are good! ~ Ted and I both love 'em!


This is actually VEGAN,
no marshmallows are in this.
Its an Alicia Silverstone recipe.
I don't have her cookbook
(so this isn't word for word exact)
I bought it for Amber for Christmas.
She relayed the recipe over the phone for me.

Peanut Butter Crispy Treats

1 (10oz) box brown rice crisp cereal
1 & 3/4 cups brown rice syrup (1 lb. 5oz jar)
dash salt
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Pour cereal in a large bowl, set aside.

In a medium saucepan over low heat
warm the rice syrup so its more
translucent. Mix in peanut butter.
Once well mixed, pour over cereal & stir well.

Let cool before adding chocolate chips
otherwise the chocolate chips will melt.

Once you have mixed in the chocolate chips
press into a 9x13" pan.
Once set, eat! :-)
(I bet you can't wait. LOL)
I made mine the night before.
Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jackie!

    Those look yummy! I have only ever made the Rice Crispy Treats 2 times. lol I don't like the store bought ones at all. I never thought about using peanut butter in them. I'm sure that would give them a different twist! I've never heard of the brown rice syrup before. I'll have to see if they have it at my store.

    Have a Great Week!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete