Wednesday, February 24

Tofu Mom


I came across a blog via twitter searching "vegan" and this woman aka Tofu Mom is actually a Wash-a-tonian neighbor who can make and do anything out of tofu! She fries it, bakes it, batters it, smothers it, etc... She can make anything! I can't wait to try her chicken fried style seitan!

But one recipe really caught my eye,
and with Amber coming home for the night,
I knew I wanted to make this for her and for us.


Tofu and Broccoli Stir Fry
w/ Peanut Sauce
served over rice.

Amber said, "Better than a restaurant."
Ted said, "Make this again!"
Chris said, "Normally I don't like the
peanut sauce at Thai restaurants
but I love this one."
And I didn't say anything because
I was to busy stuffing my face. :-)

First you squeeze out the water in the tofu.
Dice in cubes, coat w/ cornstarch
and fry in peanut oil.
Adding broccoli and the peanut sauce
and serving it over rice.
It was delicious!
Click above on the name for the recipe.

We all loved it even fussy Chris
who doesn't like anything
not involved w/ meat some how.

2 comments:

  1. Yummo! I've got to try it! Your blog banner made me smile! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog today!~

    Hugs!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! So glad you liked this!! It's a huge hit at our house too - even for the picky ones...

    ReplyDelete