Tuesday, February 9

TrYiNg NeW tHiNgS

"Recipe found on twitter."
To be honest all I saw were the words chocolate,
banana and peanut butter!
But after a quick scan realized I had
all the ingredients in my kitchen.


My stomach was growling, its lunch time
so I headed for the kitchen.
Mid way through adding the ingredients
I realized What? Whoa? What?
Is there an ingredient left out?
It calls for cocoa, I assumed unsweetened.
But no mention of adding any sugar.
Hmm...
I remember as a kid sneaking into the
Hersheys can of baking cocoa my mom
had in the cupboard thinking she was holding out on me
and instead of getting a mouthful of goodness
ending up spitting up into the sink
wondering what went wrong.


Anyway.... the smoothie turned out really good.
But next time I will freeze the banana
so its icy & cold in texture. :-)

Try it. Its fun/interesting to try new things.

vegweb.com

Peanut Butter Cocoa Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 banana (frozen or room temp.)
vanilla soy milk (as desired)
2 tablespoons flax meal
2. 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
2 tablespoons peanut butter

Directions:

Choose the size of glass. Cut up banana, and place in glass. Pour soymilk over banana, into the glass, to the level preferred glass. Pour soymilk, and banana into blender.

Measure in flax meal, cocoa powder, and desired amount of peanut butter. Blend for approximately. 20 seconds. on various speeds. I start with the Blend setting, and then transfer to Whip, and last do the Frappe. The idea is to have the liquid look frothy. I look for bubbles on the top. Pour into the original glass, and enjoy!

Serves: 1

★★★ 2/25/10 Update ★★★
I now add 5 ice cubes before blending.
I have had this every day since first blogging it.
I'm addicted and gets me going.
I feel amazing w/ the flax seeds & peanut butter.
Keeps me full until dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment