Friday, August 13

Banana Blueberry Muffins

Another reason why I love my iPad so much! Recipes!!!
Is this handy or what?


(The piggy on the wall
use to say EAT CHICKEN
I had made it when I lived in
McKinney, TX after seeing one
similar in a Country Living magazine,
a few months ago, I re-painted it
and added EAT TOFU.)


There are quite a few iPad apps to download and install from the App store. OR just search the internet & bake away. :-)

Today I was using VegWeb app.


This particular recipe was for Banana Blueberry Muffins, I was at Whole Foods last weekend and the blueberries looked wonderful and I had been craving Blueberry muffins big time!!!

(Tacky looking muffin/cupcake pan I know. I have another one thats shiny and new, but like always I always grab my ol' favorite even if it looks bad.)

Banana Blueberry Muffins

1 lg banana
1/3 cup oil
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1 & 1/2 Tbs ground flax seeds
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup soymilk w/ 1 & 1/2 Tbs vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 1/4 cup flour
blueberries

Add vinegar to soymilk and set aside
(your making vegan buttermilk!)
Mash banana in a bowl, add
oil, sugar, vanilla & flax seeds.

Add in baking powder & soda, salt, cinnamon and flour. Mix, add in your mock buttermilk. :-) Fold in blueberries (notice there is not measurement for this so the sky is the limit! I added 2 cups.)

Bake in a sprayed muffin tin (or cupcake papers) for 25 min at 350 degrees. I increased baking time than what recipe stated because the muffins were HUGE! :-)



2 comments:

  1. Nom nom nom!! Looks yummy!

    Love how you changed that sign :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THEY WERE SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD IT WAS THE BEST MUFFIN I HAVE EVER HAD OMFG I THINK THIS SHOULD BE MADE EVERY WEEK 30-40 MUFFINS I WANT MUFFINS ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNER!!! OMG OMG OMG NO BUT FOR REAL THEY WERE AWESOME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete