Sunday, July 10

Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins

Hubby brought home organic blueberries after work on Friday because he said they were on sale. (I love him.) So I said, "Oh Yum I will make blueberry muffins this weekend." I would have preferred blueberry pancakes but get this..... HUBBY HATES PANCAKES! How can you hate a pancake??? Anyway.... my all time favorite blueberry recipe calls for bananas. And I was out! :-O Sooooo after strumming through a few cookbooks index GRR!!!! I hate that!!!! I am so OVER normal books! I went to my iPad and clicked on the Betty Crocker APP and typed blueberry muffins. I got 4 in return. One used bisquik & oatmeal (no!) One uses a betty crocker mix (no!) One was whole wheat (maybe) & another was streusel topped (never made that kind before so YES!) so off I went to veganize it..... as I have said before veganizing a recipe is sooooo darn easy!


~ Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins ~

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
PAM a 12 count muffin pan

In a small bowl combine together:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
& 2 Tbs. earth balance 
(my fav is the soy free version)
until crumbly. Set aside. 
That is your streusel topping.

In a large bowl whisk together:
3/4 cup non-dairy milk 
(I use my favorite So-Delicious unsweetened coconut milk)
1/4 cup oil
egg replacer that equals 1 egg
until all combined.

Then add to bowl:
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
mix until just combined,
it will be thick like your making bread.

Gently fold in 1 cup fresh blueberries.
I added a little extra "milk" because the batter just seemed to thick.

Then spoon into muffin pan
and sprinkle streusel topping on top
Bake for 25 minutes
Let sit in pan for 5 min
Then enjoy! Mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment