Sunday, November 13

Being Happy



I had commented on my facebook wall about folks that aren't happy.
They live w/ stress & misery, and sadly eventually it takes a toll on them physically and mentally.
Some completely give up and turn to things they think make them happy but then when you see them, they never smile and they look on the verge of a complete breakdown.
Life is just too short to not be happy! And as my friend Andrea said, Happiness is a choice!
You can choose to be happy, no matter your circumstance or just wallow in self pity and misery.

Choosing to be happy can just be enjoying the little things. If there is nothing in your life that can bring a smile to your face from time to time then you need to change your surroundings and get happy!

I remember when Sarah Ban Breathnach was on Oprah years and years and years ago with her gratitude book and talking about that every day you should write down 5 things you are thankful for. Now think about that... if your thankful, you are happy. You can't be thankful and be miserable.

My 5 thankful things for today:
  • Peppermint Saltwater Taffy
  • Peppermint Starbucks Mocha
  • Hubby lining my closet w/ cedar planks
  • Wearing my pink sweater, instead of typical black
  • The Walking dead tv show
I literally could go on and on and on... of course I woke up tired today and my throat hurt and I had originally planned on just staying home. But I thought, "No! Life is to short!" "I am not going to dwell on the negative." So I took a shower, got dressed, put on my pearls and left the house. It turned out to be a fabulous, wonderful day and I forgot all about my sore throat and I smiled a lot today. :-)

Choose to be happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post so much Jackie, and of course, the one you made on FB too. I recently came across a quote that puts it pretty succinctly "The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things"...and your post here is living proof that it's true :)
    We both are great examples that one can choose to be happy, even when our brains or bodies are not wanting to, by making the conscious choice to do so.

    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete