Saturday, November 12

Mmm Pumpkin

One of my favorite reasons I love the fall season so much is pumpkin. I love how they look, all grouped together or just one single one.

Instead of going all out for Halloween decorating, I always told hubby the scariest house is the darkest with a single glowing jack-o-lantern on the porch, as in the movie Halloween. Of course hubby disagrees with me! :-)

And pumpkin food?!?!?!?! YUM!!!! One of my most favorite breads is cranberry pumpkin bread.

There are also a lot of health benefits w/ pumpkin. Which brings me to my blog entry... my foster dog, Lola was having a bad morning. Diarrhea! :-O Eek! Poor thing. She didn't know what was wrong she just knew she had to keep going outside and she was miserable. So I remembered that pumpkin, if you are constipated it gets you going and if your (ahem) loose it will stop it. It's dual use. And vets actually recommend it for dogs. So I opened a can for Lola and gave her a few spoonfuls. Search -> Pumpkin for Dogs

So I had an open can of pumpkin and by this afternoon I was thinking, should I make pumpkin biscuits? Pancakes? Hmm what? And I wanted to be more healthy because I still havn't gotten out of the Halloween candy and now consuming daily peppermint mochas. Sooooooo I always wanted to make pumpkin soup but was to lazy to look up a recipe (my mac is in the repair shop, sniff sniff, I am on hubbys windows DELL - ugh!)

So I just made one up! I thought how hard could it be?


And it wasn't!!! :-)
It was super easy and satisfying and sooooooo good! :-)

I took 1 spoonful of olive oil and 1 spoonful of flour
and made kind of a roux in a saucepan,
added salt, pepper, parsley, garlic, onion & cayenne.
Added vegetable broth
& non-dairy milk
sprinkling of nutritional yeast
and then added the canned pumpkin
and whisked it until it was hot and bubbly.

YUM!!!!!
If I can make it up,
I bet you could do it better! :-)

~ Happy Fall ~

No comments:

Post a Comment