I have another favorite coconut sugar cookie recipe
click ---> HERE
... but I didn't have 3 sticks of butter,
so I googled for a new recipe,
and found this one, click ---> HERE
I used --> 3 1/2 cups of flour
and I used almond extract,
and rolled them in fall sprinkles,
and baked for 13 minutes.
Hubby LOVES them!
He said, "They are like sugar cookies on steroids."
So definitely a keeper to make again & again. :-)
I tasted a corner of one & I thought they were tasty
too but I love anything w/ almond extract. :-)
"Jane's Coconut Sugar Cookies"
(copied exactly from website, in case the link fails)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour ( add up to 1/2 cup, if sticky)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, oil, soda, powder, extract, sugar, and salt.
- Add flour, coconut, and macadamias (if using).
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place on cookie sheet.
- Use a glass, dipped in the remaining cookie dough (to "grease"), then dip in sugar, and flatten cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Cool for approximately 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove to wire rack.