Wednesday, December 26

Grape Salad

I first had this at my sisters day after Thanksgiving dinner. It was a dinner where everyone brings a Thanksgiving leftover. How cute is that? Anyway... I ate GRAPE SALAD and my world changed for-ev-er. It is sooooooo good. I can't explain it. It's amazing and I am going to include it in holiday functions. I took it this year to hubbys familys house for Christmas eve. Everyone LOVED it! It's one of those dishes where you go back for seconds and thirds. 


Grape Salad

The recipe calls for 2 lbs each red and green grapes. 
I just bought a bag of each and used the whole thing. 
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans, 
I bought 2 pre measured 1/2 cup pkgs pecan bits in the baking aisle

Wash the grapes, set aside

Mix sour cream, cream cheese, white sugar & vanilla
by hand until well blended.

Stir grapes into mixture,
and put into your serving bowl.

Mix the brown sugar &pecans together

And sprinkle over the grape mixture,
pressing down slightly to cover.

Chill overnight or 24 hours before serving.
It's sooooo yummy!

And don't forget the little eyes that were watching you...
they want a holiday treat too....
They wanna lick the mixing bowl. LOL! :-)


1 comment:

  1. Post Mammas Recipe of fresh spinach leaves cooked in lite oil then add half&half and mix in bowl add salt and pepper, raisens, grapes, walnuts or pecans and berries. A German Dish.My favorite is cooking whole cabbage leaves in olive-oil just long enough for them to get partially tender and salt and pepper. Try this too. Could add a twist with rice or wrap the leaves around fried-rice and or Tofu. Tofu wontons are great, and i don't think anyone has tried to create cabbage leaf enchiladas with cheese, sauce and the works.

    ReplyDelete