Thursday, July 25

German Cottage Cheese Kuchen Pie

I can't even tell you how much I love, love, love this pie!
I first had it at church by a wonderful woman named Andrea.
She is an excellent cook!
I was fortunate to have this pie 3 times now and she lovingly shared the recipe.
It taste like a sweet custardy quiche. The almond extract and golden raisins really make this pie.
Try it, tell me how you like it. :-)


Preheat oven to 425 degrees
PAM a 9" springform pan

Crust:
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup (or half a stick) of softened or melted butter
1 beaten egg
Combine and press into the bottom of the springform pan, set aside.

Filling:
2 cups small curd LIGHT cottage cheese
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/3 cup golden raisins
2 Tbs. flour
2 Tbs. Melted butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1/4 tsp. salt
Mix well and pour over unbaked crust in springform pan.
Sprinkle top with cinnamon

Bake for 10 minutes at 425
then turn down oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes

Cool, Fridge, Serve, Yum!!!!! (you can serve it warm, I just like my custard cold)


I figured out the calories...
for the whole pie its 2,942
If you cut the pie in 8 slices its 368 for each slice.

XOXO

1 comment: