Thursday, November 28

Texas Cranberry Chutney

Someone posted this on Facebook, I can't remember who... but I knew it looked like a new appetizer I wanted to try. And YUM!!!!! I doubled the recipe so I had extra and gave some away so others could included in their dinners. Ted's sister LOVED it. The original recipe showed you could have it as an appetizer over cream cheese OR with pork. Well, we don't eat pork. :-/

I am saving it and making it again and again and again. My little Kauffman whom loves the Harry & David jarred stuff that you mix w/ cream cheese said, this is better than that. I was like, NO WAY. He said, yes. We ate the whole thing. It was gone!

For Amber, I put it over tofutti cream cheese and got gluten free crackers. She loved it too. And it's hard to please that girl. mmHmm

Anyway . . . without further ado the recipe:

Texas Cranberry Chutney

16 oz can WHOLE cranberry sauce
16 oz can CRUSHED pineapple, drained completely
¼ cup brown sugar
1/ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp salt

Combine in sauce pan. Heat to boiling.
Then Simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in:

2 minced & seeded jalapeƱos
3 green onions, chopped

Keep in fridge until serving.
Pour over cream cheese or
TOFUTTI cream cheese ;-)
and serve with crackers.


Yum!

I am thinking for Halloween,
I want to serve this and call it
blood clot dip.
Ewwwwwww :-D

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment